Tuesday, February 3, 2009

today i got a real laugh in class.

it was the first class for one of my clinicals. since it's the first class, we don't go to facilities every week, but when we do go there, we're required to wear the uniform. (it's not that bad, just the white tights that get to me. even the instructor said "no one wears white hosiery anymore, well unless you wear a skirt, but no one does that either{sheepish grin from me})

there are strict rules about wearing nail polish, lots of makeup, dangly earrings, or even multiple earrings. and if we go back to the college after our clinical for class, still wearing our uniform, we have to still adhere to the dress code.

my professor looked at us sternly and said the following:

"if i tell you to take off your extra earrings in clinical, and you put them back on after you leave, that's fine. but then take off your uniform. if you go back to college not properly adhering to the rules, a different teacher might see you violating the dress code and i don't want to get a call from her. if you're wearing our college's uniform, you represent us, and you're expected to uphold our standards"

i almost laughed out loud when she said that. i half expected her to morph into my high school principal when she said that.

can't wait till i see my high school principal, so i can tell her.

2 comments:

smb said...

lol, happens where ever we go :)

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

lol, really cool, I was thinking of HS while I was reading that.

But it makes sense.