Monday, February 23, 2009

yesterday i made record time. i was at a vort for three minutes.



as i mentioned previously, sister1's best friend got engaged last week, and my mother insisted that i go to the vort. so i put on a coat, applied makeup, and let down my hair. i walked in, found the kallah and her mom, said mazal tov, acknowledged family members who present, and walked home. it was a total waste, because the only people who even noticed me at the vort were my parent's, sister1, her best friend, and her friend's mom. as if they haven't seen me with curly hair or no makeup. but my mom insisted that i "had to be seen" i hate that expression. it's right up there on the list with "on the market" makes me feel like a slab of meat. I'm getting auctioned off to the highest bidder. maybe we should all get on a platform and prospective mothers-in-law can come inspect us and check out our teeth. or watch us perform demonstrations of dish washing, bed making, diaper-changing and house-cleaning.

but i can't complain. because then it might imply that G-d forbid i don't want to get married.

but then again, anyone who hears me say this and mistakes my tongue-in-cheek for complaining, probably doesn't have a very good sense of humor, and chances are, i don't want to marry any offspring of theirs anyway.

4 comments:

G6 said...

My daughter used to tell me how uncomfortable she felt at weddings - she felt as if all the mothers of boys were OGLING her...
I told her that it was just her imagination - - - until, shortly after she got married and my son became of "shidduch age" and I BECAME ONE OF THOSE OGLING MOTHERS, lol.....

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

Haha, only at religious weddings are the MOTHERS ogling the girls! ..that's it; next wedding I'm sending out my mother to look for girls for me!

Anonymous said...

but you made your momma happy and isn't that worth eveything??

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT BELEIVE YOUR ATTITUDE!!!!

HOW ELSE WILL YOU GET MARRIED IF YOU DON'T GET SEEN!!!

UNLESS YOU WANT SOMEONE YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN, LIKE SOME OTHER SECTS

YOU KNOW, YOU COULD LOOK AS WELL, IT'T NOT THE END OF THE WORLD