Thursday, August 21, 2008

for three days I've sat down in front of my computer, trying to sort out the thoughts blowing around in my mind like tumbleweed across the prairie. but instead of the ideas flowing from my fingertips to the keyboard like they usually do, I'm stumbling. my fingers are tripping and I'm erasing and rewriting.


the first day of school draws nearer. i can smell it in the air. it's the fresh-beginning again feeling. brand new pens that are full of ink, and new notebooks without torn, dog-eared pages. my bag is clean without crumpled notes and paperclips at the bottom. my calendar is empty, soon to be filled up with assignments and tests.


i don't want to fill it up.


as much as i enjoy learning, and filling my mind with a higher education, I'd rather lie outside in the grass and watch the clouds drift away, than walk the hallowed walls of academia. after a year of working and studying, with no social life, I've been able to catch up with my friends again, to spend time with members of my family, and i know my social life is going to slide again when i pick up my books. my pictures won't get uploaded to my computer, my stack of books at the foot of my bed that I've wanted to read will gather dust, and my sunglasses will lie forgotten on my dresser.

4 comments:

Originally From Brooklyn said...

Take one less class and take one more relax. It works wonders.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

First days are so much fun, I can't wait for tomorrow. I like filling up my calendar in the beginning, but your right, it does mean homework's and tests, those don't sound too good. I start off writing nice neat notes by every class. Then eventually I stop writing notes toward the middle of the semester.
But don't worry about not having a social life too, because of school. You can still have both, just the school people become your social life.

MAK said...

I started class to weeks ago, and yes, I have no social life, but that would be because all of my friends also have class at different colleges and very different schedules. I like the learning, but I dislike the tests. And my sunglasses stay with me all the time. Unless I forget them at home...but that makes it hard to drive.

G6 said...

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll.
I mentioned you in my blog.
You might want to go check it out ;)
I'm rooting for you in school btw :)