Tuesday, March 4, 2008

who taught you how to drive, your mother?

there's almost nothing that makes me mad as when i come across a bad driver.

last week i was driving, when i came to a four-way stop sign. even though I've been driving for almost four years, I'm still pretty good about following the rules of a four-way stop sign. i dunno why I'm good about that specific law (I'm sure my mom would be happier if i was more careful about other laws...say for instance, the speeding one) anyway, i checked carefully to make sure i had the right of way (which i did) and proceeded to make a left turn, when a van came zooming in from my right, barely slowed, and went barreling through the intersection, if i had been maybe two feet more in, he would have plowed into my car. and he didn't even slow down! just kept speeding. when i caught up to him at the light and ended up in the lane next to him, i peeked into the driver's seat...yup it was a chasidish guy! i don't get it-don't these people want to be around for all their kids' weddings? they should slow down and be more careful

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I hate bad drivers. I'm a bit hypocritical when it comes to driving though. I speed and tailgate, but if anyone behind me is tailgating me I purposely slow down. lol.

MAK said...

My step-father drives like that. If I'm in the car while he's driving and I'm in the front seat, I close my eyes. But he is a good driver, just he drives like he's on a racetrack.

frumcollegegirl said...

i have a friend who doesn't drive well at all. i actually feel unsafe in the car with them. so either i offer to drive, or i pray really, really hard

halfshared said...

The cab and bus drivers are even worse. Thank G-d I don't need to use them but I do drive around them all the time. Most have no regard for any of the other drivers in the road.

frumcollegegirl said...

ha ha , i have a friend that said she never said shema quite the way she did when riding the buses in israel...